Weekly photo log & the one month food rehab

by - Saturday, June 20, 2015

Oh wow. It's been two weeks since my last post. How time flies.

And I am tired. Not just lack of sleep tired but the lethargic, aching muscles & sore eyes kind that you can't quite shake off. I am dragging myself around wondering how to feel more sprightly. 

This last week has been a tough week for me after coming off a high from celebrating my 31st birthday. Work has started to get a little bit more demanding, I am making wedding plans lists in my head all day everyday and it has really been messing up my sleep quality. 

So after this post today, I will be paying more attention to what my body needs: rest, good and healthy food instead of the indulgence of excess of sugar, saturated fats and gluten. I will be  making a more conscious effort to eat more greens, learning to make healthy meals and changing the way I interact with technology before I go to bed. The lack of sleep has really been messing with my energy levels and I am not feeling the best at the moment. I think this change will really help improve the understanding of my body. That being said, I am NOT "quitting" sugar, yet. Haha.

On a more positive note,  this week also brought some great news as two of my food photos was accepted on FoodGawker. They are of my two favourite food posts so far; the famous Soft Buttery Scones and Sally's Baking Addiction's Easy Cinnamon Rolls. It was a wonderful feeling when the first photo was accepted as I just so excited to have my photo on FoodGawker! Knowing that I am sharing my love for baking with the rest of the foodgawking world is so incredibly rewarding.

So this week I wanted to take the time to thank everyone who takes the time to read my blog and look at my photos. I appreciate all of you more than I can say. Sometimes I feel like I am writing to no one but then again, I don't mind that either :D Whilst writing does not come naturally to me as it once did when I was younger, I am loving sharing my experiences and thoughts with you or even if it was just for myself - that would be perfectly sufficient. I constantly have to remind myself to not to get caught up in the technicalities of getting the perfect photo, styling or creating a moment and just remember to breathe, flex my funny bones and to not take myself too seriously all the time.

This week has really got me to thinking about why I created this little piece of www. to share with all of you. I have been reading blogs for a long time and I love watching blogs as they evolve and get better. I love reading their stories and learning new things from them all the time. I have become so incredibly passionate about learning about food styling & photography so I am constantly looking for new ways to improve my cooking abilities to produce better food to eat and to share. Sometimes, on days when the food, photo or styling doesn't work out, it can get a little overwhelming. I begin to feel like a little fish in a big ocean filled and that I have not got anything new or valuable to offer. All these thoughts swirl in my head and I find myself baking or cooking to prove myself wrong. I think poor H is well and truly over my little sugary treats phase for a while. We need to get some good grub in our bellies. 

I know that I am writing this blog because I love it. I do not make any money from putting my time, money and effort into this blog but it gives me great satisfaction to know that I am simply doing this for me. I do have a real job that pay the bills and sometimes the hours can get very long which can take a toll on my energy. Cooking, photographing and sharing my experiences with you gives me a sense of freedom to just enjoy what I love most.

So this weekend, I will not be sharing any recipe tests with you but rather a little photo log of my past week so far. H & I often cook large batches of food so that we have enough leftover for lunches and dinners which I always forget to take photos of (mostly because they are not very pretty. They are definitely functional and efficient though!)

So - I am once again left with photos of the sweet treats to share with you.
Breakfast - Leftover coconut crumble pancakes with cream and lemon curd | in happenstance
Breakfast - Leftover coconut crumble pancakes with cream and lemon curd
Gluten Free Peas and Corn pasta with butter and parmesan cheese (with a hint of tabasco and lots of pepper) | in happenstance
Gluten Free Peas and Corn pasta with butter and parmesan cheese (with a hint of tabasco and lots of pepper)
An adorable cream cheese vanilla cupcake that I had for breakfast when catching up with a friend at Journeyman, Windsor | in happenstance
An adorable cream cheese vanilla cupcake that I had for breakfast when catching up with a friend at Journeyman, Windsor
I also tried out a brownie and white chocolate cheesecake cupcake idea a few days ago. Unfortunately, I left the brownies in the oven for a little too long so they were slightly dense and dry. They still tasted great, it was just a little less soft and moist that I was originally hoping. It is crazy how long it takes to bake when you need to take photos of everything in case you can find one good enough to share. |t took approximately 3 hours to bake, ice and photography the process of making 24 cucpakes). The things we do for what we love. 

The photos aren't great but I really reached a "lightbulb" moment right after I made these cupcakes. 

Brownie and white chocolate cheesecake cupcake | in happenstance
Brownie and white chocolate cheesecake cupcake | in happenstance
Brownie and white chocolate cheesecake cupcake | in happenstance
Brownie and white chocolate cheesecake cupcake | in happenstance

I am going to take a month off blogging about sweet treats. I will be writing and sharing with you the changes I will be aiming to make in my life. Let's call it a food and life rehab. For better health, better quality of sleep and for the happiness of my mind, body and soul. I look forward to sharing a little something different about myself and my relationship with food and my body.

Have a wonderful weekend and once again, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you (all 3000 readers of mine at one point or another) for reading my blog. 

Until next time. 

x Lynnette

You May Also Like

2 comments

Instagram