Recipe Test: Georgia's Quick Monte Carlo

by - Wednesday, July 22, 2015


Masterchef has taken over my life and I have been waiting for the perfect recipe to try out. With increasing work hours during the week and weekends filled with wedding planning and meetings, I have not had the time to attempt any complicated recipes.

Last week, Masterchef Australia 2015 contestant, Georgia Barnes plated up an amazing dish, 'Quick Monte Carlos' as part of an immunity challenge. Perfect with a cup of tea. I had found my first Masterchef recipe to test!

Three Monte Carlos looking pretty, all lined up in a row
How pretty are the vanilla speckles in the Chantilly cream?
I have always skipped the Monte Carlos in the Arnott's assorted biscuits (Kingstons are my favourites).  However, after reading the recipe, I knew that I had a winner on my hands. Georgia is a genius! I cannot recommend this recipe enough.

Not only are they are beautiful to look at, they also tastes amazing! The coconut biscuit has a great crunch but is still soft enough to offer that wonderful chewy texture that ties in the silky aromatic vanilla Chantilly cream and raspberry jam. Admittedly, I ran out of time so I skipped the making of the jam. I used my favourite jam instead and it still tastes amazing.  I made them a little larger so it was really more like a Monte Carlo sandwich!

Roll up your sleeves and give it a go, you won't regret it.

The recipe is available here (click to be redirected)

I hope you are having a wonderful week. I have so many great recipe tests and posts coming up, I can't wait to share it with you all soon.

x Lynnette~

Best part of this biscuit is the fresh raspberries that provide that refreshing tartness inside the biscuit hidden by the cream

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram