Oh! For the love of Lemon Bars

by - Monday, September 07, 2015


So, I am getting quite excited about Spring arriving and all the promises of warm weather it brings. (at the current time of writing this post, I can hear rain pelting down outside my window... #bigdreams).

I know it has been a while since I have posted anything on this blog and whilst, I keep pretty active on the old Instagram (let's be friends!), I have been really trying to prioritise a few other important things in life. This unfortunately meant that the blog has been without a new post for some weeks now. I am by no means on top of everything but I am always happy and excited when I find some sneaky time to bake and take some food photos.

At the start of September, Spring has officially arrived Down Under and to celebrate the arrival, a colleague's lemon tree was filled with the abundance of beautiful lemons. I took a bag of them home and pondered for a moment what I might do with them. It's all about the lemons, lemons, lemons! Maybe a lemon meringue pie... maybe a lemon chiffon cake...

In the end, I embraced my lazy self and made some super easy and delicious Lemon Bars. I used a delicious recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe (recipe and link as per below). Her website is filled with amazing and delicious recipes that are easy to follow with great stories too about her cooking/baking journey. A must add to your blog/website reading list.

I seem to have a real thing for easy and delicious, have you noticed? And love for lemons at present... and pineapple... but more on that soon.

RECIPE:
Mel's Perfect Lemon Bars
Click here for website link


Anyway, these bars were zinging with delicious lemon flavours combined with the crunch of the sweet biscuit bottom base, it was the perfect balance between sweet and that lemony tang. It made for a great afternoon (or breakfast...) treat.

Perfect with a cup of tea.

Apologies for the lack of photos, I gobbled up a fair few bars and then realised that I was being selfish and should have been sharing these beauties with you.

x Lynnette

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram